- 1942 Francolor France started to sell aniline and dyes for the leather and textile industries in
- 1946 Creation of Quimica Industrial - Start of silicate production for the detergent industry
and distribution of commodities for industrial applications.
- 1983 During the French nationalization period, the company became an affiliate of the state-
owned group Pechiney Ugine Kuhlmann.
- 1986 Acquisition of Quimica Luba to strenghten its position in textile, leather and detergents
- 1996 Acquisition of Fosfamet in metal treatment technologies (sold to Henkel in 2001).
- 1999 Production and distribution of Elf's Lubricants (until 2009)
- 2005 After the merger with Elf Aquitaine, Total Petrochemicals and Arkema sold their
Chilean affiliate – Creation of Austral Chemicals Chile S.A.
- 2009 Start of the polyurethane activity.
- 2014 Start of the wood protection activity.
- 2015 Start of the food safety activity and creation of Austral Food Safety.
- 2016 Start of the coatings & adhesives and metal surface treatment activities.
- 2017 Enhancement of the plastic and packaging activities.
"Fostering innovative solutions to create responsible value".